Clinical Nurse Needed
• To provide specialist comforting care to patients, their families and careers in the community or an inpatient setting, enabling them to achieve an optimal quality of life individual to them. Through optimizing symptom management and providing emotional support.
• To act as a resource lead and support to health and social care professionals involved in providing palliative care through giving advice, information, support and education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide clinical leadership through the provision of evidenced based expert clinical care.
• To undertake assessments, plan, implement and evaluate palliative care interventions and support delivered to the patient and family or carer.
• To provide expertise and support on pain and symptom management and strategies to enable psychological health through advanced communication.
• To liase with the GPs, District Nurses, Macmillan Nurses and other members of the primary health care team so as to ensure effective continuity of care irrespective of the care setting.
• To manage an agreed caseload and arrange for appropriate cover when on leave.
• To undertake, on a rotational basis, project work that enhances the role of the Clinical Nurse Specialist and is aimed at improving outcomes for patient and family care in the community setting.
• To ensure patient records are properly maintained in accordance with NMC guidelines.
• To participate in and contribute to inter-hospice meetings
• To maintain appropriate professional links with other health and social care agencies.
• Be familiar with all guidelines and regulation relevant to the role, in the hospice in the community. To Take responsibility for ensuring that appropriate clinical supervision is in place.
• To provide clinical and personal support to the other members of the team, thereby promoting and maintaining effective relationships.
• To develop and maintain own knowledge and skills through continual professional development
• To maintain a dynamic interest in all professional matters associated with particular interest.
Job Knowledge and experience
• 1st Level Nurse
• Oncology/ palliative care experience
• Diploma in Palliative Nursing and working towards degree
• Mentoring/ Assessing qualification
• Knowledge of current Health Care, Nursing and Palliative Care policy and provision
• Community experience preferred
• Masters Degree education/ability
• Strong leadership skills
• Car driver/owner
If you fit to above criteria then we want to hear from you!
Please send your resume and cover letter to K.email@example.com or give us a call on +44 3300109970 & we shall call you for further assistance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org