Staff Nurse Needed
The post is for a qualified nurse who wants to further their experience and skills in nursing. The post holder will be responsible for the assessment of care needs, the development of programs of care and their implementation and evaluation. The post holder is expected to take charge of the ward as required. The post holder will be expected to demonstrate good clinical skills and teach other staff and learners. The post holder will also be expected to be a good role model and to treat all staff, visitors and service users with tact and courtesy.
• Plan the delivery of patient care and take responsibility for implementing and evaluating that care, using an appropriate nursing model.
• To provide advice and education to patients, staff and learners within the directorate as required.
• To develop communication networks across specialties and throughout the multidisciplinary team.
• Be able to priorities their own workload and of those working with them such as learners and Healthcare Assistants.
• When in charge of the ward know how to delegate what staff to what duties and ensure the smooth running of the ward.
• Carry out nursing care to the highest possible standard according to Trust Policies and Practice and Clinical Guidelines. This requires a thorough understanding of policies and guidance related to for example: infection control, hygiene and individualized patient needs.
• To administer patient medication according to Trust Policy, this includes the administration of intravenous medication.
Knowledge and Skills
• The post holder will have a comprehensive knowledge of nursing and will be able to care for a patient from admission to discharge.
• To know what Essence of Care is and how it affects patient care and needs.
• To know how to deal with people with challenging behavior and to know when to call for assistance when needed.
• Adhere to uniform policy at all times.
• Liaise with the bed manager and discharge coordinator to ensure effective bed management on the ward, including admission of patients, planning of bed usage and timely discharge planning.
• The post holder will be expected to work across Whittington Health as the service dictates.
• To ensure that all equipment is maintained and any faults immediately reported.
If you fit to above criteria then we want to hear from you!
If interested, contact us on A.Mamtani@we-solutions.co.uk or you can give us a call for more clarity on +44 3300109970.